Uma tagged me few weeks ago and it took me quite a while to finish this tag. This is one of my longest posts.
6 Whatevers About Me:
1. I have quite a few friends from my school and college days, with whom I don’t talk that very often (may be once in few months/years). But, whenever we talk, we resume the conversation as if it got interrupted for a few minutes.
2. I am interested in keeping a close tab of political affairs in India.
3. I am motivated by the entrepreneurs, especially the younger ones who made it big with simpler ideas (ideas that I could understand, to put it in perspective). I wish I have their guts.
4. I love books and have truckloads of them, many of them in the ‘To Read’ category. I have promised my wifey dear not to add any more to the pile before finishing off at least a few of them and I intend to keep up the promise. I finished off 4 books in the last 3 weeks and thumbing through the fifth one. I am not a big fan of the ‘donate your books to the library when you are done’ idea. I am a bit possessive about them.
5. On many days, I wake up at 4 a.m and waste lot of time.
6. I tend to put my fingers into many a things at the same time and struggle a bit before coming clean of them. I do that everytime and that is the way I am.
5 Things I miss in my life right now:
2. Mandavelipakkam – Although my first love is Srirangam, Mandavelipakkam is one of the best places to be in Chennai. Very quiet and nice, yet you are not far off from the busy, busy Mylapore or even T Nagar. Difficult to explain, but take it from me – its a great place.
3. Good, old Ramco days when work life was so much fun
4. Bachelor days when we thought there is no tomorrow
5. Veg Puffs from Cake Castle (Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai). Not sure if the shop is still there, but haven’t seen any one makking a veg puffs that could be half as good as that one.
Though these are the few things that I miss right now, I am pretty much happy with my present day life. Perhaps, one day I will miss these days as well.
10 Things I wanna achieve within a decade:
1. Visit as many countries possible – especially African ones.
2. Build/buy an ‘independent’ house with a garden and possibly put up an ‘oonjal’.
3. Sponsor at least 3 children for their education.
4. Plant at least one tree a year.
5. Start a successful company, learning lessons from my previous attempt.
6. Learn cooking a different cuisine
7. Learn one more language.
8. Learn to play golf.
9. Be a good friend to Anirud.
10. Buy a state of art (ok.. I mean – a decent) digital camera and click away to glory.
The Book Tag:
**Pick up the nearest book.Open to page 123.Find the fifth sentence.Post the next three sentences.
“Welch investeda tremendous amount of time talking to and learning about his direct reports. He would extend discussions for hours just to be sure he was getting to know his people in depth. As searching out the truth about a person became a habit, Welch’s judgment improved, and then the insights became instinctive and superb.”
– From ‘Know-How’ by Ram Charan.
Feel free to pick up the tag and get going!