– I found Chennai to be a lil’ more greener than it was during my last visit about 5 months back. The trees in the median on the road from the Airport to Guindy were not there few months ago and that looks very impressive.
– Got to drink my favourite “Paneer Soda” (Sweetened Carbonated Water) after a very long time. I did check out the cane juice, kadalai mittai (peanut candy), Sambhar Vadai etc.
– For the first time, I had a two-wheeler at my disposal to explore Trichy, but I feel that buses are the best mode of transport to travel within Trichy. Traffic is much nastier than I expected.
– The person in charge of computers & networks in the Passport Office is designated as “Scientist”.
– Air Conditioner Loan Melas are happening all over the place at Trichy.
– Glad to see that ‘indigenous’ Bovonto & other products from Kali Mark have still managed to retain customers despite competition from pesticide flavoured P & C.
– Maris group of theatres at Trichy, which entered the record books for housing the maximum number of theatres in a single complex in India, now stands as a poor shadow of its former self, with none of the hit movies in any of its theatres.
– Going by the posters & wall advertisements, it appears that Vijayakanth would be a force to reckon with. But then, so was Vaiko when he formed MDMK in 1993.
– At Chennai airport, there is a service where they wrap your baggage few times with thin film, giving you one more layer of security. Though, it is not a 100% tamper proof technology, its worth it for 100 quid as you need not worry whether/when your canvas suitcase would give away, especially when you carry heavy items like traditional dosai kal (tava) & illupachatti (kadai?) like I did.
– If someone, God or anyone for that matter, reduces the overall temperature of Chennai by 10 degrees Celsius (just 10 deg C), Chennai would be heavener (since it is already a heaven).
– After one week of reading the so-called “India’s National Newspaper”, I feel that they source their editorial from AICC press releases. It would be apt if they change their tagline to “Congress’ Official Newspaper”.